Back in the day, software companies employed a small army of shiny suited sales personnel to “drive” sales, cajole prospective customers and hit quarterly targets.
Thankfully, things have changed for the better.
With social media, reviews and all the online content you could ever wish to read, you/we the consumer are now in the driving seat.
There’s no need to be “convinced” by some fast taking sales person that disappears as soon as you’ve signed on the line. Now you get to make up your own mind, in your own time, at your own pace and based on criteria that matter to you and your business.
We wouldn’t have it any other way. In the years since we started WriteUpp we have invested hundreds of thousands of £’s in software and services and in that time we have never:
- Spoken to a sales person
- Issued a requirements specification or tender
- Requested a face to face meeting
Instead, we decide what’s important to us, we take a trial, we see if the software does what we hope/expect, we ask a few questions and then we commit. Its our decision, we’re on the hook and we love it this way.
And we take exactly the same approach with WriteUpp:
- We provide free (for 30 days) unfettered access to our software via a trial so that it (and we) can be evaluated in your practice on your terms.
- We have a super helpful support team who are on hand to answer any questions that you have and to offer advice
- We provide “oodles” of online support resources, including a searchable knowledge base of well over 500 jargon-free, illustrated articles and step by step Video Guides on YouTube
- We encourage our existing customers to spread the word about our software and importantly the service that we provide, generally via Facebook Reviews
- We make sure we’re highly visible on social media and search (mainly Google)
Consequently when we’re asked if we’ll tender for a project or complete a requirements specification we very politely decline. Here’s why:
- We provide everything you need evaluate our software and the service that we provide
- We want you to be fully informed about our software. In our humble opinion (and we’ve seen enough failed tenders!) you don’t gain this insight by nuanced responses from hungry suppliers chasing a deal!
- Responding to tenders (yup, we’ve done a few) is a time-consuming process which simply isn’t costed into our business model. Sure, we could employ people to provide polished responses to requirements specs but even if we wanted to it’s simply not viable for a SaaS (software as a service) at our price point
- If you choose to use our software (and we hope you do) it will be your decision, based on your criteria but in accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions of Service. There’s no “he said” or “she said” and we think that’s better for everyone.
That said, if you’ve taken a trial of WriteUpp and you have a specific question about the way something works or you need some advice on “the best way to do…” just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than delighted to help.
Lastly, please don’t get salty with us if you don’t like the fact that we won’t respond to your RFI. No matter how many times you ask or who you ask you will get the same response. I’m afraid, it’s just not the way we do business. It’s not personal. It’s our choice and we stand by our approach which has rewarded us with thousands of clients in 20+ countries who have enjoyed making self-informed, considered decisions to commit to our software, our service and our company.