WriteUpp: New Features in Latest Release (v1.97)
When you login on Monday morning (14th December 2015 – GMT) you’ll see the latest and greatest version of WriteUpp with a whole host of additions and improvements.
It includes, the eagerly awaited Form Builder, Custom Fields and a re-designed Patient tab in the Patient Summary. Its been the culmination of a lot of work by our fabulous team here at WriteUpp and we really hope you like this early Christmas present!
Custom Forms & Form Builder
This is one of the biggest features that we’ve developed in WriteUpp and we’re delighted with the outcome. The ability to create your own custom forms has been something that lots of users have asked for and we’ve wrestled with it for months.
- Because we wanted to give you a simple, functional tool that you could use to build really useful forms without needing to be a software expert
- Because we wanted to introduce a new design ethos and approach that you will be seeing rolled out throughout WriteUpp in the coming months. With the focus being on a clean user interface, large buttons and subtle interactivity.
To access the Form Builder go to Settings->Assessments and click on the green button “Create New Assessment Form” at the bottom left of the screen – see the screenshot below:
This will take you to the all new Form Builder. The video below show you how you can use the Form Builder to create your own Custom Forms.
To accommodate all this great new functionality we’ve made some changes to the way you manage assessments.
Assessments/Forms that you create in the Form Builder will automatically be added to “Your Assessment Collection” and Favourited. When a form is “favourited” this means that it has been made available to your team and can be accessed via the +Create->Assessment button.
If you want to remove a form from your Favourites just click on the three dots at the end of the row and click on “Remove From Favourites”
You will also notice a small shopping cart icon at the bottom of the screen. This takes you to the Assessment Store. From here you can add pre-built forms to your Favourites.
There are two types of pre-built Forms:
Responsive – these are popular pre-built forms that we have created using the new Form Builder. As such they can be used on your mobile device (via the app, when the app is upgraded to the next release) and they are printable.
Classic – these are the pre-built forms that were shipped with WriteUpp from Day 1. They are provided in the store in case you wish to continue using them but our hope and expectation is that you will either create your own or switch the new Responsive version if it has been created.
We will no longer be creating assessment forms.
At present all forms in the Store are free. Going forwards we may add some new forms with a greater level of embedded logic (such as calculations or stats) which you will be able to purchase for a small one-time fee. We are also going to be working with 3rd Party assessment form providers to see if they wish to offer electronic versions of their copyrighted paper forms through the Store.
You now have the ability to create up to 10 customised fields that will appear prominently on the face of the re-designed Patient tab of the Patient Summary. The clip below shows how this works and looks.
Re-designed Patient Tab in the Patient Summary
As I indicated in my post at the end of October we have re-designed the Patient tab in the Patient Summary.
- The previous screen obscured too much important information in accordions that need to be expanded to enable you to see the content within them
- Empty fields that didn’t contain any data were displayed taking up valuable screen real-estate
- We wanted to make it easier and quicker to edit information without the need to go in and out of the individual accordions
- We needed to create a more fluid layout so that we could accommodate dynamic content, including Custom Fields.
- We’ve had lots of great feedback about the Latest Activity feed in the mobile apps and we wanted to find a way to give it more prominence on the summary
- We wanted to harmonise the design of the web-based version of WriteUpp and the iOS and Android apps
This is how the new tab looks:
Key things to note:
- we’ve used the same banded grids as the Dashboard
- we’ve introduced more imagery
- we’ve increased the font size to aid readability
- we’ve placed much more emphasis on the information that is actually entered into the fields in the patient/client summary
In addition, we have adjusted the edit screen so that you can see and enter information more quickly and easily.
Sticky Action Buttons
As part of the re-work of the Patient tab we also revisited the action buttons at the bottom of each of the screens. These are the buttons like Save, Print, Delete etc.
Now they “stick” to the bottom of the screen so that they are permanently visible and we have also increased the size of them so that they are easier to use on tablets. Below is a quick video showing the sticky buttons in action. You’ll see that when you scroll down the page the buttons stick to the bottom of the screen instead of disappearing from view.
Export Third Parties
You can now export the contact details of Third-Parties that you work with. For example, if you have lots of GP’s set up as 3rd Parties and you want to email them all about your services you can now do this by exporting them into Excel and importing them into your preferred Email Marketing Tool, like MailChimp.
Easier to Insert Variables
We’ve made it easier to insert variables into Notes and Documents. Now a simple drop-down appears when you click on the “Insert Variable” icon in the editor.
Email/SMS Confirmations & Reminders
When you create an appointment we have made the Confirmations & Reminders more prominent. Its also easier to turn them on/off on an appointment by appointment basis should you wish to do so.
Added Invoice Status in the Appointments Tab of the Patient Summary
You can now see whether or not an appointment has been invoiced from the Appointments tab of the Patient Summary.
The following bugs have been fixed
- Unable to specify SMS recipient if the recipient doesn’t have an email address
- Grammar Error in online booking form
- Diary inconsistency
- Display bug on Dashboard