We’re hiring: Are you a Product Champion?
We’re currently looking for someone to join our small but perfectly formed team to give some “love” to our customers and help us make our software EVEN better!
We’ve built our reputation on providing fabulously friendly support and rolling out heaps of new features to keep our customers smiling. If you’d like to join us you’ll need to be super helpful, smart enough to understand our software, have an eye for detail and enjoy writing.
Before you read any further…this is not an office-based role. You’ll work wherever you feel happy and inspired. So, if you love the idea of championing WriteUpp with your slippers on or evangelising over a home-brewed espresso this could be the job for you.
What’s a Typical Day?
As we’re a small business no two days are the same but here’s how we’d expect a typical day to pan out in this role:
- First Thing: Skype chat about stuff..more or less as if we were all in the office. Typical subjects: sport, tech, food, films, politics – just chat. Then we generally wrap up with a quick discussion about priorities the day
- Inbound Questions: We typically receive around 15-20 questions each day via our Help Desk, although this is increasing rapidly! Some are from prospective users trialling our software, some are totally random and others are highly complex from clients pushing the system to the max. You’ll be working as part of a team so you’ll be allocated specific questions throughout the day and each one will require a hand-crafted, personal and super helpful response.
- Help Articles: We encourage our users to “self solve” via our Help Centre so content creation is key. On any given day you’ll have to get your thinking cap on and write straightforward, informative Help Centre articles with screenshots, annotations, emojis, GIFS or anything else you can come up with that will help the reader!
- Test Cases: You’ll be taking the lead on testing alongside your support activities and test cases are key to our quality control process (we’re ISO27001:2013 Certified). Everytime we roll out a new feature we write a test case that describes step-by-step how the new feature works and what the user should see on screen. This activity tends to sit very nicely alongside the creation of Help Centre articles.
- Functional Testing: We’re continually rolling out new features and we typically release a new update every week so testing is an ongoing job. You will take responsibility for testing new features when the dev team roll out fixes to our test environment and for running test cases as we work through our quality control process.
Because we’re not all in an office together we use Slack to chat about a variety of topics (grouped into Channels) ranging from key performance indicators, client feedback to specific product enhancements. It provides us all with a way to quickly and informally communicate about things and where chat won’t cut it we switch to Skype.
What are we looking for?
You have the right stuff, if you are:
- Warm and positive
- A switched-on and friendly personality
- A good communicator, both written and spoken
- Analytical and enjoy problem solving
- Empathic and committed
- A team player
- Conscientious and proactive towards others
You are our ideal candidate if you in addition:
- Are familiar with Zendesk, our Help Desk software
- Have experience of writing documentation
- Have been involved in functional testing
- Have an awareness of technology and software in particular
- Have an awareness of private healthcare
- Have a burning desire to improve our product and service
- Are looking for a long-term opportunity where you can grow with the business
How to Apply
Send us an interesting covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will improve your chances significantly by reading about WriteUpp and by taking a free trial so you get a feel for both us as a company and our product.
Please note that we don’t work with recruitment agencies.
Founded in 2012, WriteUpp is the primary product of Pathway Software. WriteUpp is a cloud-based practice management system used by health and well-being professional in 17 countries. Our reputation has been built on creating beautifully simple, secure software with superb technical support. You can see what our customers say about us here and find out more about us at www.writeupp.com.