Many clinicians want a simple way of recording and producing a log of CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
In true WriteUpp style our approach is very straightforward and perhaps less sophisticated than some other implementations. However, the advantage of this approach, aside from being simple, is that it mirrors your normal daily workflow with WriteUpp.
- Create a client record for yourself in WriteUpp – you only need to do this once
- Create appt types called Supervision & Course making sure to set them up as patient-related appointments with no cost. Again, you only need to do this once.
- As and when you undertake CPD select yourself as the Active Client and enter these events (Supervision, Course etc) into your diary. If the duration of the event is longer than the default time you can easily change it when you log the activity in the diary.
- To see a log of your activity click on the “Business Views” icon (the eye icon to the left of the search field at the top of the page), choose “Activity” and then the date range that you would prefer and the appointment type, say Course, that you would like to see a record for. See below:
- Now you can a comprehensive list of all of the CPD that you have undertaken, including when, where and the duration. If you need to analyse this in more detail you can simply export this data into Excel for futher manipulation by clicking on the “Export to Excel” button at the bottom of the page.
- From the appointments tab of your record you can also see a chronological list of all of your CPD activities
- Optionally you could also create a custom form (using the Form Builder) where you could record details about the sessions