Migrating from Safenotes to WriteUpp?
In the past few days we’ve been contacted by a number of clinics that have asked if us they can migrate from Safenotes to WriteUpp as the service will be closing from Friday 25th May.
Here’s the best advice that we can offer:
- Contact Safenotes and find out what their plans are going forwards. It might be the case that they are happy/willing to maintain existing clients but the signs are not too positive based on the notice on their website:
- If you think you want to switch to another provider try to get a machine-readable copy of your data in .xls or .csv format
- Once you have your data we’d recommend password protecting the file(s) immediately while you decide what your next move is going to be. To do this in Excel click on Tools->Protection:
- Aside from the obvious need to get a practice management system in place to help you run your business we’d advise you not to jump into an alternate product too hastily. Trial a few and see which suits your specific needs taking particular care to identify a provider that is GDPR-ready.
- If you’ve heard good things about us and you want to jump right in (bearing in mind our advice in Point 4) we provide a data import tool that will allow you to import the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Address 3
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Source – where the data came from – this is for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) purposes
- You can check this out by taking a free 30 day trial of WriteUpp and then following the advice in the article below: How do I import data into WriteUpp?
- If you do take a free trial of WriteUpp and test out the data import routine we would recommend importing a handful of test patients just so you can see how it works.
- If you like what you’ve seen then subscribe when you’re ready and import the data that you have exported from Safenotes