Doubtless you’ll reading this and be wincing at the mention of blogging. Most business owners I talk to tell me they don’t have time to do it and they don’t believe it will impact the bottom line.
So, here’s the deal.
But you need to do it right and you need to understand why you’re doing it.
As a quick sidebar, you might come across some SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) companies that tell you that you need to blog to create content that is full of relevant keywords – this is bunkum! It may have been true in the past but not any more.
What do you need to do?
- Write on a regular basis and choose a frequency that suits you. Quality is the key so be realistic and set a sensible target. Personally, one per week is about as much as I can handle 🙂 Then stick to it!
- Write content that will be useful and interesting to your target audience.
- If you’re struggling for inspiration get an AdWords account (FREE) and use the keyword planner to find out what people are searching for, then write an article that answers the questions – bingo!
- If you can vary the media that you use all the better – yup you too can become a “vlogger” (Video Blogger).
- Share your content across your various social media platforms – there’s no point in writing it if you’re not going to spread the word!
This article is part of a checklist that we have written for startup healthcare practices. To see the other articles in the checklist click here